CAA management.comCAA management.com
SOVEREIGN is a brand that provides a process-driven, standardized, and high-quality product at an affordable price. We’re a brand that’s technical and measured, but also community-driven — meaning we still bring warmth to our communications, seek connection with our community and earn their trust.
We focus on the development of our community, bringing the opportunity of the cannabis industry under local knowledge and control. We are guided by our balance of technical cannabis expertise, and community connections.
Job Summary: The Budtender reports directly to the Store Manager, and is the first point of contact representing the front of the house dispensary with customers as the cannabis subject matter expert. The Budtender welcomes customers with a friendly inviting and warm welcome that builds relationships to create loyal customers who trust the opinions and judgement of our SOVEREIGN team. As a Budtender you must be eager to share your knowledge of cannabis products and achieve sales objectives through this passion. As a Budtender you are responsible for adhering to all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Sales and Service
- Is the first point of contact for customers entering the store;
- Develops customer relationships by providing exceptional customer service bolstered by knowledge of product selection and suitability; educating the customer on the variety of products available in store, from; flower, edibles, concentrates and accessories
- Educate customers on proper safety measures to follow when consuming cannabis products.
- Participates in store cleanliness activities;
- Shares cannabis knowledge with customers as an integral part of the sales process;
- Utilizes thorough cannabis knowledge including information about cannabis products best suited for customer preference, budget, needs and reactions, cultivation methods, product types, strains, consumption methods, and potential effects of use;
- Works toward the achievement of sales targets
Safety and Security
- Follows all store operations, cash handling, and safe workplace policies and procedures.
- Is familiar with all local laws and relevant operational guidelines governing the storefront;
- Implements ID policy, ensures requests for identification to provide proof of age to meet legal requirements.
- Ensures an exceptional customer experience through the execution of established service procedures;
- Shares product knowledge with other staff.
- Ensures the retail environment is clean, welcoming, and well-stocked.
- Operate the POS system, handling cash, opening + closing cash register, making safe drops.
- Accurately process payments from customers; give receipts, refunds, credits, and cash customers out and provides proper change.
- Deep cannabis product knowledge including cultivation methods, harvesting techniques, product types, product profiles, strains, consumption methods, and possible effects;
- Previous experience in retail preferred;
- Knowledge and understanding of the cannabis industry, its history and modern uses.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends;
- Must have the ability to successfully complete a Criminal Record Check
- Prolonged periods of standing, lifting, moving, reaching, and bending throughout shift
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Please fill out the application form by click here, or clicking the “Apply for Job” button.